Client Relations Professional
Located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Verger Capital Management LLC is an outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) firm dedicated to providing investment management services to non-profit institutions. Through our advisory services, we seek to serve institutions in their philanthropic endeavors, whether that means the ability to award scholarships to students, provide grants for research, or offer valuable services to their respective communities.
Founded in 2014, Verger was formed from the Wake Forest University Office of Investments to manage the University’s endowment, as well as other endowment and foundation clients. We have grown to $2.5 billion in assets under management and are looking to expand our team of professionals.
Since inception, Verger has been committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages diversity of thought and respect for the needs of our clients and community. Our team is comprised of experienced and dedicated individuals who are driven by the opportunity to grow and shape the future of the firm. Our mission is to “invest in the lives of others” and we do that through hard work and a sense of community among our team and our clients. In addition to a strong culture, Verger also offers its employees competitive compensation plans, generous PTO and work-life harmony, medical/dental/retirement, professional development and educational opportunities, and the opportunity to earn equity interest in the firm.
Verger is seeking a dynamic client service professional to join the client relations team of the firm. Reporting to the Client Service Managing Director, this role will be responsible for the execution and development of the firm’s client service model through driving client satisfaction, retention, and growth for existing and newly developed relationships. The primary responsibilities include supporting the client relations team in cultivating and managing client relationships across a diverse community, and supporting the firm’s operations related to reporting, communication, requests for proposals, on-boarding, and compliance.
- Assists with the development of materials for client reporting, RFPs, prospective client meetings, and board meetings that effectively communicate the firm’s investment strategy; develops collateral for clients leveraging research on market and competitor trends to drive improvement of the client service model.
- Tracks and maintains pertinent client data used for compliance reporting, liquidity analysis, and operational needs of the firm’s clients; administers procedures and systems to ensure meaningful and regular communication.
- Supports the on-boarding process which includes legal document review, governance analysis, and the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse client community on topics such as the firm’s offering, investment strategy, and service model.
- Participates in client relations events and meetings as appropriate, including client meetings, pitch meetings, board meetings, and conferences; collaborates on agenda topics, communication strategies, and preparation of materials.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-motivated with exceptional skills in prioritizing workflow, managing resources, and effective communication, through both verbal and written channels, to influence and impact internal and external constituencies at various levels.
- High level of integrity, a proactive entrepreneurial mindset, and the ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
- High technical acumen, and an approach geared toward client satisfaction and client service best practices; experience in institutional asset management preferred.
- Successful experience in a client service or related role, exhibiting our desired core competencies.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates willing to reside in the Winston-Salem area.
Verger is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value our employees for their unique talents and abilities and embrace and encourage our employee’s differences in backgrounds, experiences, race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, family or marital status, physical, mental and/or intellectual abilities, age, military or veteran status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, and socio-economic status. All employees are valued for their individual differences and the unique contributions that help us achieve our business goals.