Operations Team Member
Located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Verger Capital Management LLC is an outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) firm dedicated to providing investment management services to non-profit institutions. Through our advisory services, we seek to serve institutions in their philanthropic endeavors, whether that means the ability to award scholarships to students, provide grants for research, or offer valuable services to their respective communities.
Founded in 2014, Verger was formed from the Wake Forest University Office of Investments to manage the University’s endowment, as well as other endowment and foundation clients. We have grown to $2.5 billion in assets under management and are looking to expand our team of professionals.
Since inception, Verger has been committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages diversity of thought and respect for the needs of our clients and community. Our team is comprised of experienced and dedicated individuals who are driven by the opportunity to grow and shape the future of the firm. Our mission is to “invest in the lives of others” and we do that through hard work and a sense of community among our team and our clients. In addition to a strong culture, Verger also offers its employees competitive compensation plans, generous PTO and work-life harmony, medical/dental/retirement, professional development and educational opportunities, and the opportunity to earn equity interest in the firm.
Verger is seeking a dedicated professional to be a key member of the firm’s operations team. Reporting to the CFO, this role will be responsible for the data management, client reporting, and performance reporting of assets managed by Verger. Key competencies include a strong technical acumen, analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to succeed in a fast paced, team environment.
- Serve as system administrator for the firm’s performance reporting platform, ensuring data integrity and accurate outputs for standard and ad hoc reporting.
- Track and monitor the accuracy of trades and cash flows within all Verger portfolios; perform monthly and quarterly reconciliations in partnership with the firm’s administrator and custodians, while resolving any issues related to the transfer of data or reporting differences.
- Generate, authenticate, and design performance files to be used in reporting to the Investment team, current and prospective clients, and the board.
- Perform exception reporting and analysis as an active member of the firm’s Valuation Committee.
- Support operational needs related to tax, audit, and compliance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level of integrity, a proactive entrepreneurial mindset, and the ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical abilities, with a strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize workflow, meet deadlines, and manage resources.
- High technical acumen, with experience in database management and CRM systems preferred; experience in institutional asset management preferred.
- Successful experience in an operations or related role, exhibiting our desired core competencies.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates willing to reside in the Winston-Salem area.
Verger is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value our employees for their unique talents and abilities and embrace and encourage our employee’s differences in backgrounds, experiences, race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, family or marital status, physical, mental and/or intellectual abilities, age, military or veteran status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, and socio-economic status. All employees are valued for their individual differences and the unique contributions that help us achieve our business goals.